15 civilians killed in Boko Haram attack in SE Niger: TV

Nigerien soldiers patrol in a truck at Kabalewa Refugees Camp, where Nigerians fleeing from Boko Haram Islamists attacks are sheltered in Diffa, Niger, March 13, 2015Fifteen civilians were killed in an attack by Boko Haram militants on a border village in southeastern Niger, state television reported, the latest deadly raid by the Islamist group. “We found a dreadful scene, around 15 people had been executed, four of whom were from Nigeria,” Hassan Ardo, an official from the Diffa governorate told the Tele Sahel television station. The station said the attack took place Thursday night and was carried out by around a dozen armed militants who had arrived on foot at the village on the banks of the Komadougou Yobe river on the border with Nigeria.

Share this article