Al-Jazeera says news crew kidnapped in Yemen freed

Yemeni tribesmen from the Popular Resistance Committees, supporting forces loyal to Yemen's Saudi-backed President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi, hold a position on the outskirts of Taez, on January 26, 2016Al-Jazeera said on Thursday that a three-man news crew for the Qatar-based channel has been freed more than 10 days after being kidnapped in the flashpoint Yemeni city of Taez. Reporter Hamdi al-Bokari, cameraman Abdulaziz al-Sabri and driver Munir al-Subaie went missing on January 18 while covering the conflict between rebels and Gulf-backed forces loyal to President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi. The pan-Arab news channel said on its website early on Thursday morning that the three had been freed “a short while ago” after having been kidnapped by “unknown gunmen”.

Share this article