Aleppo evacuation suspended, leaving thousands trapped

Syrians are evacuated from rebel-held parts of Aleppo on December 16, 2016The Syrian government suspended the evacuation of civilians and fighters from the last rebel-held parts of Aleppo on Friday, leaving thousands of people trapped and uncertain of their fate. Russia, which helped to broker the evacuation deal with Turkey, said its operation was now “complete” with all women and children moved from the city. Ankara and a Syrian military source said the evacuation had been suspended but was not yet over.

Share this article