Another three people released in alleged Brussels New Year plot

People walk on the central square in Brussels, on December 31, 2015Two men remain in Belgian police custody over an alleged plot to launch New Year attacks in Brussels following the release of another three people in the case, prosecutors said Friday. The last three of the six people arrested during raids on Thursday in and around the Belgian capital “have been released after interrogation,” the federal prosecutor’s office said in a statement. The prosecutor’s office confirmed that two men who had already been formally charged with terrorism-related offences remain in custody.

Share this article