At least 7 civilians killed in eastern DR Congo

A Democratic Republic of Congo soldier inspects on December 31, 2013 in Eringeti a house that shows remnants of troops from the Allied Democratic Forces and the National Army for the Liberation of UgandaAt least seven civilians were killed in a weekend attack by Ugandan rebels in the restive east of the Democratic Republic of Congo, a regional official told AFP on Sunday. “Last night we found three bodies and today four more, which makes seven dead,” Amisi Kalonda, a top official in the regional capital of Beni, told AFP. The violence took place in an area from which many people had been evacuated because of the threat from the Ugandan Allied Democratic Forces (ADF), he said.

Share this article