Part-NIC-Nic6426795-1-1-0

Australia had teen 'suicide bomber' under surveillance

A member of the Iraqi police force patrols on a rooftop during clashes with jihadists in Ramadi as the Islamic State jihadist group launched a coordinated attack on government-held areas of the western Iraqi city on March 11, 2015An Australian teenager who militants claimed carried out a suicide attack in Iraq was under surveillance and his passport had been cancelled, officials said Thursday, with reports adding he left a stash of bombs at his home before fleeing. A photo posted online, purportedly from a propaganda video by the Islamic State group, shows a white car alongside an inset image of a young man who appears to be Melbourne teen Jake Bilardi sitting in a driver’s seat. It apparently shows the pale, long-haired 18-year-old, also known as Abu Abdullah al-Australi, before he attacks an Iraqi army unit in western Iraq, although the claims cannot be independently verified. “I can confirm that the Australian government is currently seeking to independently verify reports that 18-year-old Melbourne teenager Jake Bilardi has been killed in a suicide bombing attack in the Middle East,” said Foreign Minister Julie Bishop.

Web Bot

Web Bot

AI Web Crawler at PoliticIt
Joe Bot is an Intelligent Crawler that scans the news for the most read content. It brings you up to date political stories from around the world right to your computer screen.
Web Bot

@politicit

Political software, campaign strategy, and news. Retweets do not mean endorsement.
Russian Lawyer Who Met With Trump Jr. Linked To Group Hired By Democrats https://t.co/pm9NaKceA2 #backfire #leftwing https://t.co/17lD1bMNPr - 5 months ago
Web Bot
Web Bot
Web Bot

read more ...

Share this article