CNN invites all but one Republican presidential hopeful to next debates

All but one of the 17 Republicans vying for the party’s presidential nomination have made the cut so far for the next candidates’ debates hosted by CNN, the network said on Tuesday in a decision that could leave former Virginia Governor Jim Gilmore on the sidelines. CNN and the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, which is co-hosting the Sept. 16 debates, said invitations have been sent by former first lady Nancy Reagan to 16 candidates who meet their criteria. All but Gilmore “have qualified thus far and have received invitations,” they said in a statement.

Share this article