Guantanamo hearings for 9/11 plotters postponed

This image released January 17, 2002 by the FBI and the US Justice Department shows Ramzi BinalshibhThe first open pre-trial hearings with accused 9/11 plotters Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Ramzi Binalshibh since the release of a damning Senate report on CIA torture have been postponed until February, officials said. Mohammed, Binalshibh and two others accused in the September 11, 2001 attacks had been scheduled to appear Monday before a military court in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba for the first of two days of hearings. Lieutenant Colonel Myles Caggins, a Defense Department spokesman, said both hearings were cancelled, and the military judge, Colonel James Pohl, would post his ruling later in the week.

Share this article