Israel locks down flashpoint Hebron after deadly attacks

An Israeli soldier guards a barrier blocking a road at the southern entrance of Hebron, on July 2, 2016Israeli troops locked down the occupied West Bank’s most populous city Hebron and surrounding villages on Saturday after two Israelis were killed in Palestinian attacks nearby. Troops had closed all exit roads from Hebron except for the main northern one, an AFP correspondent reported. Palestinian security said the army had opened entrances to the villages of Sair and Halhul, but an Israeli military spokeswoman said they had been partially open from the beginning.

Share this article