Next round of Yemen peace talks postponed: minister

Supporters of Shiite Huthi rebels shout slogans, raising their weapons during a rally against the Saudi-led coalition, on December 17, 2015 in SanaaThe next round of peace talks between Yemen’s government and Iran-backed Huthi rebels scheduled for next week have been postponed, Foreign Minister Abdel Malak al-Mekhlafi said Saturday. The next round of peace talks would be held in Geneva, said the Yemeni minister. Yemen’s government sat down with the rebels and their allies in Switzerland last month for six days of talks that ended with no major breakthrough.

Share this article