Palestinians to hold off on UN move against Israeli settlements

Palestinian Foreign Affairs minister Riyad Al-Malki looks on during a meeting with his French counterpart at the Quai d'Orsay in Paris on August 18, 2015The Palestinian foreign minister said Thursday that a push for a UN resolution demanding an end to Israeli settlement expansion will be put on hold to focus instead on a French proposal for a peace conference. The draft resolution was circulated to Arab countries and to some members of the Security Council earlier this month as part of a drive for UN action in support of the two-state solution. Palestinian foreign minister Riyad al-Maliki said the draft would be shelved to focus instead on the French initiative, which provides for a first ministerial meeting in Paris on May 30.

Share this article