Saudi FM accuses Yemen rebels of ceasefire breaches

Saudi Arabia Foreign Minister Adel Al-Jubeir (L) and Secretary of State John Kerry speak to the mediaSaudi Arabia’s Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir accused Yemen’s Huthi rebels of stepping up their attacks Thursday and of putting in danger a day-old UN-mandated ceasefire. Jubeir told reporters in Washington that Saudi Arabia reserves the right to defend itself from further Huthi attacks, but stopped short of declaring the truce a failure. “As of this morning Washington time there had been more than 150 violations by the Huthi-Saleh side,” Jubeir said, referring to the rebels and forces loyal to former president Ali Abdullah Saleh.

Share this article