Thai police seek 'Chinese' man over Bangkok bomb

A bomb on August 17, 2015 at the Erawan shrine in downtown Bangkok killed 20 people, rocking the capital and denting faith in Thailand's key tourism sectorThai police on Saturday said an arrest warrant had been issued for a “Chinese” man over last month’s deadly Bangkok blast, backtracking after they earlier identified the suspect as a member of the country’s Uighur minority. National police spokesman Prawut Thavornsiri told AFP the suspect was a Uighur according to his passport, as authorities released a photo of the moustached and short-haired suspect, with a caption that identified him as Abudusataer Abudureheman, or “Ishan”, of “Uighur” ethnicity and “Chinese” nationality.

Share this article