Two more arrests in connection with Bastille Day attack

A woman stands by a makeshift memorial in tribute to the victims of the deadly Bastille Day attack at the Promenade des Anglais in NiceFrench police have arrested two men in connection with the Bastille Day massacre in Nice which left 84 people dead, a source close to the investigation said Tuesday. “They were placed in custody while investigators seek to determine if the Tunisian (attacker) Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel had logistical support,” said the source. Prosecutors believe Bouhlel had long plotted the attack in which he ploughed a 19-tonne truck into a crowd which had been enjoying a fireworks display on Nice’s seafront Promenade Des Anglais, injuring more than 300 people.

Share this article